Holly has been actively involved in Junior and Adult Sailing/Boating programs for over 30 yrs. Raised in Erie, PA she began her sailing career as a junior sailor eventually becoming the Program Director for the Erie Yacht Club Reyburn Sailing School. Upon leaving Erie, she landed in Annapolis and worked as the Program Director for Severn Sailing Association while traveling throughout the U.S. and Virgin Island conducting U.S. Sailing Level 1 and Level 2 certification courses. During these years she met and married her husband Gavin O'Hare and they embarked in a life of sailing, working, and raising 2 girls.
Over the years she has served as both a volunteer and paid consultant/advisor helping and growing sailing/boating programs for private clubs and public organizations. She is an expert at analyzing any programs and bringing it to the next level.
Some of her services include: Program Audit, Curriculum, Program Manuals, Instructor Manuals, Budgeting, Program Descriptions, Volunteer and Staff Training, Certifications, Research and Marketing, Overall Program Management, and more. Fees vary depending on services offered.
Here are a few of the clubs/organizations she has served:
- Erie Yacht Club, Erie PA - Volunteer member/program advisor with 29 yrs of service. Currently revamping Program Operational Manuals and Curriculum for 10 course offerings.
- Eastport Yacht Club - Founder Jr. Fleet program and Chair 2003-2017/ Committee Member/ Advisor
- District Governor - U.S. Snipe Class
- Kansas City Sailing, LLC , Perry Yacht Club - Advisor
- Maxinkuckee Yacht Club, Culver, Indiana.- Advisor
- U.S. Sailing - Volunteer member of the Training Committee 2004 -2018
- Erie Yacht Club Foundation (501c3) - Co-Founder and Volunteer Board Member - 3 Yrs
- Chair Snipe Master - 2013 - First Place Crew
- Chair Snipe North American - 2008
- Co/Chair Hinman Regatta - 2007
- Co/Chair Snipe Nationals - 2006
- Box of Rain - Volunteer and Part-time employee
- Mission Bay Yacht Club - Member volunteer for Junior Sailing Committee
- Juniors In Boating (JIB)/SoCal - Volunteer Board Member
- Snipe Fleet 495 - Co-Chair Fleet Captain
- Severn Sailing Association - Former Program Director - Mid 90s
- Erie Yacht Club/Reyburn Sailing School - Program Director/Instructor - 10 years.
- U.S. Sailing - Level 1 and Level 2 Instructor Trainer - 13 years
- J-World Instructor - 3 Years